21 REASONS TO BELIEVE IN 2021
21 REASONS TO BELIEVE IN 2021
Things to Hang On to & Focus On.
Yes, ‘certainty’ is not always within reach. But there is hope and hope is free and infinite.
Hope can shine a light on possibilities and reveal opportunities.
With that in mind, here are 21 Reasons to reflect on
whenever you need a touch of cheer.
- 2021 is the 21st year in the 21st century.
- 21 is a lucky number in the mathematical world.
- The long-awaited Friends reunion is set to air soon.
- The number 21 has positive symbolic connotations.
- Flexible working hours are now more common than ever before.
- We’re continuing to learn how to spend our time and money more wisely.
- NASA’s Mars 2020 Rover, launched on 30 July, will land on Mars very soon!
- You can be bold and implement the work-family or work-life balance you want.
- Many employers are starting to care more about their employees’ well-being.
- If you didn’t go for it in 2020, you still have the opportunity to pursue your interests.
- Last year your priorities probably shifted. This year, you can start focusing on what matters.
- 2021 cannot be exactly the same as 2020. “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it often rhymes.” – Mark Twain.
- Maya’s notion of success: “Nothing succeeds like success. Get a little success, and then just get a little more.” – Maya Angelou
- It’s the perfect time to rethink your workspace layout and interior design, whether you’re set up in a traditional or home office.
- Going green(er) is finally gaining momentum again: The UN marked 2021 as the International Year of the Creative Economy for Sustainable Development.
- In this time of rebuilding, you can be the architect of your own life and take charge of your destiny by positioning yourself optimally or repositioning, if need be.
- 5G has the potential to transform the lives of people around the world. Many reputable sources and scientists have concluded that there’s little evidence of danger. Find out more on BBC.
- Frontier, an exascale supercomputer, is planned for delivery in 2021 at the Oak Ridge Leadership Computing Facility. Supercomputers play an important role in the field of computational science and are used for a wide range of computationally intensive tasks in various fields, including weather forecasting and climate research.
- You can choose to empower yourself by picking just one positive verb for the year – a go-to mantra for motivation when you’re in need. Examples: Focus, Grow, Organise, Simplify, Blossom, Accept, Cherish, Heal, Inspire, Thrive, Smile, Delight, Give, Love, Forgive and Inspire.
- If you’ve already spring-cleaned your home, you can spring clean your mind through mindfulness and meditation practices.
- ‘Age’ is just a word. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
Here’s to creating better personal and professional environments for ourselves and others.
Finally, please stay safe out there.